Tuesday 10 April 2012

The Short Film Industry



 I have spent some time researching on how short films are distributed throughout the film industry. Usually short films are created by young people such as myself who may be pursuing a career in film making to gain experience of the film creation process. Short films may also have been created for different reasons such as:
-An individual attempting to express their ideas or opinions on a specific subject
-Film companies testing out their concepts
-Film companies testing their ideas on a target audience

These short films will then be shown to a specific audience or through an event such a film festival to recieve feedback and to display acheivement of creating the film.
The purpose of my short film is to appeal to a specific target audience considering the genre i choose to create. I know that this film will need to follow typical conventions of the specfic genre i finally choose rather than expressing my own opinions on  a subject as my film will need to appeal to the target audience rather than pose questions to the viewer. However, with myself as the director, i am sure i will find points in filming and editing when i am interjecting my indiviudual means of expession rather than constantly thinking about signs and codes intended to help the viewer to gain an immediate understanding of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment